Tuesday, May 4, 2010


Since I have had my own family I have tried so hard to get a good family portrait ... but we are just not ... "THAT" ... family so to speak!! With 3 crazy dogs 2 kids under 6 and Cody and I not exactly being super models I was just never happy with what I ended up with. this kills me as a photographer!!! So I decided to think outside the box of what are traditionally called family portraits and this is what I came up with!! Being that when we were all together someone was always looking down,eyes closed,drooling or crying I knew we had to do individual photos somehow so I went to babies-r-us and bought these big letters!! We did a shot of each of us holding a letter of our last name.. I'm not totally done designing it yet but this is the just of it.. I will eventually print these each one as a 20x20 and hang them on my family room wall making a huge fantastic piece of wall art!!! It just goes to show you don't always have to go with TRADITIONAL or be THAT family to get a beautiful portrait of your family!!! think outside the box

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Kelly. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Kelly! I wish I had great ideas like you. The wall will look beautiful with your family on there!!!

    ReplyDelete